1. Formulate service standards and specifications according to the business management needs;
2. Instruct and participate in the preparation of the management and operation systems for business projects of branches and subsidiaries;
3. Guide and supervise institutions to develop risk control measures against operational risks to increase operational efficiency;
4. Organize the preparation of emergency response plans and contingency plans for disaster recovery, and participate in handling operational emergencies;
5. Organize branches and subsidiaries to complete the assessment of project operation results;
6. Organize and supervise the training and assessment of operators at all levels in operating processes;
7. Organize the operators of divisions to carry out the centralized purchasing;
8. Complete other works assigned by supervisors.
1. Graduated from a full-time 211/985 university with a bachelor’s degree or above and over five-year experience in operation/delivery in the outsourcing industry; those with a master’s degree or a doctorate are preferred;
2. Have experience in managing two or more operation/delivery teams with more than 20 members and in preparing systems for operational processes and management;
3. Have excellent copywriting skills and be proficient in office software;
4. Have excellent skills in presentation, analysis, communication and coordination;
5. Understand basic knowledge relating to the finance of commercial enterprises;
6. Adapt to intensive work in a short period.
Salary and welfare:
The salary is negotiable. Our welfare includes: six types of social insurances and a housing fund, working meals, allowances for summer and winter, holiday/birthday benefits, annual physical examination, team building activities, paid annual leave, and year-end bonus.